You might ask, “Is there an easy way to publish and manage my websites online?”. Yes, with cPanel.
What is cPanel?
According to WikiPedia: cPanel is an online Linux-based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a website to the website owner or the “end user”.
cPanel provides a very easy to use interface to manage and maximize your websites.
What can cPanel do?
There is a long list of features cPanel offers. Here are some of the features I use most of the time.
- File Manager – browse directories and edit files on the server.
- FTP Accounts – provides access for uploading files.
- SSH Access and Terminal – run CLI commands on the server.
- phpMyAdmin and MySQL – manage databases for web applications.
- Zone Editor – manage DNS Records of your domain.
- MultiPHP Manager – switch between different PHP versions.
- MultiPHP INI Editor – manage PHP extensions.
- E-mail – send and receive emails on your domain.
The cost of cPanel depends on how you intend to use it.
I recommend starting with shared cPanel hosting like NarraHost. Shared cPanel hosting is very affordable (NarraHost starts at $2.99 / month) and it should be enough to handle low to medium website traffic. On the other hand, installing cPanel on a VPS or Dedicated Server requires a license.
Click the link for more information with cPanel Pricing: https://cpanel.com/pricing/
Its real easy to get started on cPanel. I will be writing a separate post to get started with cPanel.